RUA DR. PARREIRA 43
Please inform us about your arrival time as we don't have a permanent reception.
Staff is in the Casa from 8:00 until 15:00 every day.
After 15:00, we are very pleased to welcome you at any time according to your indications.
How to arrive
The address is Rua Dr. Parreira n°43 which is a parallel of the river Gilão.
- From the highway you follow direction Tavira. You will reach the N125 when you see a roundabout with a big sailing boat in bronze as a sculpture.
- Follow Tavira centre which is going in front (right is direction Faro, left is direction Vila Real).
- You enter Tavira at that point. You will pass under a bridge which is the railway and find a roundabout and continue straight ahead.
- From that point the street is called Rua dos Mouros. At the end of that street (It is ending going a little bit up and having a stop) you turn left going down. The street is naturally turning to the right and some 200 meters ahead, in front of a square with high trees, turn to the left going down again.
- You reach a small roundabout with a café called Pastelaria Tavirense on your left and the cinema Antonio Pinheiro on your right.
- Take the little road on the right of the café, it looks pedestrian but it is not.
- This small street is straight away turning right and you will read the name Rua Dr. Parreira.
- In principle you can park very close to the n°43.
- If you cannot park on the street, just stop in front of the door to let your luggage with us and we will indicate a free parking lot close-by.
Payable zone on the street.
Free parking lot at 3 minutes walking distance.
At the check-in, after down loading your luggage, we will inform you about a free and safe parking lot at 3 minutes walking distance along the river.
Nearby Points of Interest
We are located in Tavira’s historical centre, East Algarve, facing the river Gilão & Mercado da Ribeira (originally city market hall) and at 200 meters from the ferry dock to reach the prestigious island of Tavira.
Tavira town is settled at the door of the National Natural Park called Ria Formosa, unique set of virgin islands extended over 60 km along the coast: a paradise for bird watching, beach walks, coastline biking tours, canoeing, kayaking, kiting, surf, ....
- Tavira Island: reached all year round from Tavira by boat, infrastructures for the beach, cafés & restaurants, long wild sandy beach, small light house
- Santa Luzia/ Terra Estreita: fisherman village directly on the Ria Formosa, boats to Terra Estreita beach (Summer)
- Praia do Barril: beautiful walk through the wetland to reach the beach or little train to reach the historical village (from the tuna fishing time) converted in infrastructures for the beach)
- Cacela Velha: beautiful middle age village with astonishing views over the Ria Formosa (sunset spot)
- Cabana Island: reached by frequent boats (summer) from Cabana (10 minutes drive from Tavira)
- Ria Formosa: National Natural Park 60 km of islands from Manta Rota beach to Ancão beach
- Ciclovia do Algarve: 214km all along the Algarve, 12 sections from Vila Real Sto Antonio to Cabo S. Vicente, Sagres